Build Your Freelance Content Writing Business
The steps, tools & information you need to start and grow a freelance content writing business
Do you want to establish a good income as a freelance writer and enjoy the work-from-home lifestyle that goes with it? Maybe you’ve just started and need to know more about the work that’s available. Or perhaps you’ve started but can’t find enough work, or work that pays well.
Don’t give up - it can be done!
Build Your Freelance Content Writing Business is designed to help you understand the content writing landscape and where to find work, identify any knowledge gaps holding you back, and provide a ton of practical information that most freelancers only discover with years of experience.
It won’t teach you how to write. But it will give you plenty of insight and practical information on:
- The types of work available
- How to set up and manage a freelance writing business
- How to find work and clients
- SEO basics for freelancers
- Creating content calendars
- Taking job briefs
- Sources, citations and interviews
- Writing articles, blog posts, web copy and press releases
- Sourcing and creating images
- Copyright and ghost writing
- Establishing your prices and quoting
- Content proposals
- Terms & conditions
- Managing clients
- Establishing your personal brand
- Creating other streams of revenue
- Deciding whether to stay solo or expand
You’ll also be able to download our content calendar and job brief templates for your own use.
Each module of the 4-part course has a text and video version.
Who should enrol?
- Writers who want to establish a good regular income as a freelance content writer but aren’t sure how to go about it.
- Working freelance writers who need to find more work to make it worthwhile.
- Writers who suspect they have knowledge gaps that are preventing them from getting work or achieving better rates.
- Creative writers who want to establish an income writing content, but need a better understanding of that area.
- Print media journalists who want to transition to content writing but are unfamiliar with the landscape and requirements.
About the course creator - Article Writers Australia
We are a Sydney-based content agency with a focus on creating customised content for brands, Our team members all work from home in Australia.
We've been around since 2009 and created this course from the experience of launching a startup, expanding, working with different types of clients, and getting to know many freelance writers in the process!
This course is packed with tips and insight, so you don’t have to take the learning curve.
View the full course curriculum below and start today!
While you're here, subscribe to our Freelance Life newsletter for tips, tales, news and possibly the occasional opportunity for freelance writers. We're currently sending all our new subscribers a '20% off' coupon code for the course.
StartWelcome to Part 2 (1:06)
StartSources and citations (11:05)
StartWriting articles and blogs (14:28)
StartWriting web copy (8:12)
StartPress Releases (9:40)
StartSEO basics for freelancers (25:18)
StartSourcing & Creating Images (7:04)
StartCreating content calendars (6:33)
StartCopyright and ghost writing (12:34)
StartWelcome to Part 3 (0:47)
StartContent proposals (13:43)
StartTerms & Conditions (9:29)
StartEstablishing prices & quoting (14:09)
StartInvoicing & Taxation (9:22)
StartJob briefs (13:06)
StartDigital essentials to make your job easier (8:15)
StartManaging clients and your work schedule (4:20)